Health and Nutrition
The typical American diet can cause injury and stress to your body, while blocking your body’s healing processes. Choosing to upgrade to a healthy diet is one of the most life enhancing decisions you can make. A healthy diet can prevent and reverse illness. Diet changes must be made gradually, yet with ruthless energy and determination. What you eat has a significant effect on your energy levels, your overall health, and your ability to heal. The American diet has become overly convenient. We fill our bodies with choices of food that are quick to prepare or easy to “grab and eat”. This can leave us devoid of proper nutrition and balance as many of these foods lack proper nutrients. Before you begin with a new eating plan, please realize that the food supply in our country is produced with high levels of toxins:
- MSG, nitrates, nitrites, sulfites preservatives, colorings, carrageenan, BHA, BHT: all cancer causing chemicals added to keep foods on the shelves longer!
- Sweeteners, such as Splenda, Nutrasweet, Equal: all cancer producing chemicals that have no nutritional value and break down proper body functions. Avoid diet products that contain these sweeteners (Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, diet-most-everything!)
- Hydrogenated oils: evils that are added to foods to make them taste better. Margarine and shortening are made from these and are to be eliminated.
- Spices and natural flavorings: these have nothing to do with any natural products, pepper, salt, or paprika. They are chemicals being added to foods by manufacturers in order to increase your appetite and get you addicted to the company’s particular brand of food.
- Pesticides and herbicides: although helpful in preventing food-borne illnesses they are toxins! Organic foods do not have these chemicals!
- High fructose corn syrup: the most common additive to foods, designed to sweeten your food and get you “hooked” to the taste of the product. It will slowly destroy your pancreas and entire health. This product alone is responsible for many of our ailments.
- Restaurants and fast food joints: stay away!
Please realize that in order to start your health program you must take some initiative and keep things as simple as possible. First, read the labels of the food in your cupboard and refrigerator. Throw out anything that has any of the above compounds. Second, shop for organic products. Even local grocery stores are adding many organic products to their shelves. Focus on finding organic food.
The best way to start a nutritional program is with detoxification. There are many products available at the local vitamin store that are pre-packaged (everything from digestive enzymes to psyllium and colon cleansers). Detoxifying your digestive system is a critical component of your continued health! Next, follow some simple rules:
Drink plenty of Distilled or Filtered Water: at least half an ounce of water for every pound you weigh!
- Have an Allergy Test. Avoid eating all foods that you are allergic or sensitive to.
- Avoid all sugars, high fructose corn syrup, refined flour products, milk, and soy. Use Stevia to sweeten.
- Eat lots of Organic Vegetables and Fruits
- Eat the right amount of Proteins: turkey, wild-caught fish, lamb, beans, and chicken.
- Avoid diet sodas.
- Consume Live Cultured Foods: lots of fat-free Organic Yogurt or Kefir. Also, purchase Probiotics from the health food store and take at least one tablet every day! The Probiotics will eliminate yeast and other toxins from your body. YOU WILL SEE HUGE BENEFITS FROM THIS!