Expert Help — When You Need It Most
For Fast Emergency Help, Call (248) 646-2273
Few things can be as jarring, debilitating and terrifying as a dental emergency. Damage, infections, or injuries to the mouth are usually extremely painful. Accidental injuries often leave patients confused, anxious for quick relief without knowing where to turn for help.
Unfortunately, dental emergencies are very common – especially in the case of injuries involving children. When an accident or other sudden, unexpected dental problem arises, it’s vitally important that you receive an accurate assessment and effective treatment as soon as possible in order to stop pain, prevent further damage, and prevent complications.
If you or someone you love is experiencing dental pain, call Comfort Dental immediately. We’ll work quickly to establish a thorough and accurate diagnosis, take measures to manage pain, and take immediate corrective action. When emergencies occur, please call as soon as possible: The sooner we hear from you, the sooner we’ll be able to arrange appropriate treatment.
Dental Emergency Types
Comfort Dental provides fast, expert care for a broad range of dental emergencies. We reserve time every day for emergency treatment, and will even contact you promptly outside of office hours with answers and recommendations if needed. In all cases, our primary goal is to make sure that you receive the competent, effective treatment you need as quickly as possible.
- Some of the common dental emergencies we treat include:
- Chipped or Broken Teeth
- Knocked-Out Teeth
- Lost Fillings
- Lost Crowns
- Broken Orthodontic Brackets or Bands
- Loose Brackets or Bands
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Broken Dentures, Bridges, or Partials
- Objects Caught Between Teeth
- Bleeding After Baby Tooth Falls Out
- Cold or Canker Sores
- Bleeding or Pain After Extractions
- Soreness After Gum Treatment
- White, Red, or Bleeding Lesions
- Pericoronitis (Wisdom Tooth Pain)
Dental Emergencies: What To Do First
By their nature, dental emergencies are unexpected. When an accident or other emergency takes you by surprise, the steps you take first can be vitally important in producing a positive outcome.
- Remain calm.
- Call Comfort Dental Immediately at (248) 646-2273
- If an injury involved a significant blow to the head or any loss of consciousness, even if only momentary, go to a hospital emergency room immediately for examination and treatment. Dental issues can be addressed later.
- If bleeding from the mouth is evident, try to stop any bleeding with a clean washcloth or gauze.
- Check for broken and/or missing teeth. If there are missing teeth, look for them, and bring them with you.
- Do not ignore the problem – delaying treatment increases the risk of permanent damage, as well as the need for more expensive/extensive treatments later.
When dental emergencies strike, Comfort Dental is here to help. Contact us at (248) 646-2273 for quick assistance, effective treatment, and expert advice.